Music Training Performance Prep Career Opportunities
Welcome to the Ottley Music School
We are so glad that you took the time to visit us and hope this will not be your last visit! We have many exciting things transpiring at OMS and want you to be a part of it!
STATUS: Ottley Music School Inc. established and operating since January 19, 1973, is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization from 2002, chartered in the State of Maryland in 1998. It has been been since 2001 a Better Business Bureau A+rated business accredited organization.
Scientific research has proven that the study of music enhances the learning of all other subjects and productivity in adults. Therefore, we teach people of all ages who want to learn music from 11:00 am to 8:30 pm. We present masterclasses during the year, and we hold all day camps, seminars, and institutes in the summer.
Please browse the site and acquaint yourself with the programs and events going on. We are sure that you, your children or someone you know can benefit from the diversity of and the expert tutelage offered at OMS. Our benefits reach out also to their schools, churches, and civic or social organizations.
WE ACCEPT your tax deductible contributions. Click above on "CLICK & DONATE TODAY". Thank you for your gifts. We are receiving them and they help immensely. God Bless.
BLACK HISTORY CONCERT
NANNIE HELEN BURROUGHS SCHOOL
Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 6:30 pm
Students of Ottley Music School and of the Monroe School at Nannie Helen Burroughs School will present a Black History Concert with piano, vocal, instrumental music including steel pan, history, poetry and other features from both schools. This is a family friendly program for all ages. Admission is free and is open to the public. Address is 601 50th Street (at Nannie Helen Burroughs Avenue), Northeast, Washington, D.C.
SPRING PROGRAM, MARCH 13-JUNE 16
REGISTER ASAP MONDAY thru THURSDAY
between 11:15 am - 7:30 pm.
Time to register now for Programs
SOUTHERN MARYLAND BRANCH: MONDAYS, 2:00-8:00 pm, Classes and private lessons in PIANO, VOICE, VIOLIN for students in Southern Maryland (from Prince George's and Charles Counties) at Bells United Methodist Church, Allentown Road, in Camp Springs, MD
HYATTSVILLE: TUESDAYS, OMS Chorus, 7:15-8:30 pm beginning February 7, 2017, for STUDENTS, ALUMNI, PARENTS who can sing
HYATTSVILLE: WEDNESDAYS, 5:30-6:25 pm, New Music forLittle Mozart Classes began in January (for ages 3 1/2 to 6 years)
MON, TUE, WED, THU in Hyattsville, MD: Private lessons for ALL AGES, instrumental and voice. Click HERE for details.
Ottley Music School partnered with Contemporary Family Services LLC during the summer of 2015 (teaching Piano/Theory, Voice, Steel Drums, and Music History as part of their Leadership Camp). Beginning Thursday,
In November 2015, OMS set up the Music Department at the Monroe School located at the historical site of the Nannie Helen Burroughs School. This school year we offer the following courses:
* Piano Playing/Music Theory/Ear-Training taught by Mrs. Jillian Holdsworth.
* Vocal Techniques /Singing, Vocal Literature, Music Theory/Ear-Training taught by Mrs. Nevilla Ottley (M.A., M.Mus.)
* Steel Pan Playing, Music Theory/Ear Training taught by Mr. Sheldon Thwaites (B.Mus.)
In many languages we say, Welcome, Bienvenido, Ben venuto, Bien venue, Willkommen, Welkom, Aloha, Velkomin, Bem-vindo, Karibu, Siya namkela nonke.
We're so glad you came to visit us. Please browse, and contact us when you are finished. We will be glad to show you around here at our school.
The top banner of this website was designed by Armand Davila.
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
ADDRESS: University Town Center, 6525 Belcrest Road, Suite G-20, Hyattsville, MD 20782
2. PERCUSSIONIST, especially DRUM SET and STEEL DRUMMER (Pannist) SHELDON THWAITES joined the Ottley Music School faculty in 2015.
3. OTTLEY MUSIC SCHOOL ALUMNIare invited to join our group on Facebook to keep up with current activities and to communicate with other alums and friends interested in the Ottley Music School.
4. GUITARIST AARON CIVIC,who plays jazz, rock, and classical joined the Ottley Music School faculty in the fall 2016.
5. SAXOPHONE and CLARINET teacher, and conductorDAVID BYASS, joined the OMS faculty in the summer 2016.
6. FRENCH HORN teacher, KRISTIN CHAMERLIN, joined the OMS faculty in the summer of 2016.
7. Join theOMS SINGERS of all ages, singing in harmony, rehearsals Tuesdays at 7:15-8:45 pm. Singers are vocal students, alumni and parents of OMS, and can also join the Steel Pan class on Wednesdays, at 7:15-8:15 pm. Tuition for both are the same as classes. Call 301-454-0991for details.
8. You can find us listed in many places on the internet including musiclessonteachers.com. We have a branch in Southern Prince George's County, Maryland at Bells United Methodist Church, 6016 Allentown Road, Camp Springs, MD 20746 (near Andrews Air Force Base). Call 301-454-0991 for more information.