Faculty: Dance, Ballet, and Tap
Mia Shea Athey, Dancer and Soprano
Ms. Athey began her instruction as a dancer in 1996-2007 at the Suto Dance Studio learning ballet, jazz, tap and hip hop, and in the last year studied Pointe classes. She was a the co-captain of the Elizabeth Seton Dance team where she has been a member since 2006, and now serves as the captain. She has performed with the
- Colours Performing Arts in "The Wiz", "Grease" and was a
- chorus member of the Prince George's Sumer Teen Theater in both
- "Bye, bye birdie" and
- "Beauty and the Beast."
- She was a choreographer for the Ottley Music School's summer music camps (3),
- with Michael Jackson's "Beat It",
- "Closer" by Ne-Yo,
- "Singing in the Rain" by Stanley Donen. She also lead in the choroegraphy of two scenes from
- "High School Musical 2", Work it Out, and Everyday.
Ms. Athey has received honors from the Elizabeth Seton Drama Club, Colours Performing Arts Programs, the Suto Dance Studio, and for her choreography at Elizabeth Seton Dance Team performances. Last year she received the Elizabth Seton Music Department "Excellence in Music" Award.
Ottley Music School was glad to have Ms. Athey join the corps of instructors as a dance teacher during the summer and this year.
She also brings with her training in vocal arts, having studied as a soprano private student with Nancy Almquist and with Lisa Eden at the Eden Studio. She is a member of Elizabeth Seatons most select ensemble, Seton Concert Choir, and has received certifications of recognition fevery year from 2004 to 2008 from every organization with which she is afilliated. She received the Elizabeth Seton Music Department Excellence in Music Award and was accepted into the Maryland All State Women's Chorus, both in 2008.